Sunday, August 1, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Last weekend some of my family drove down from Tallahassee to visit Mike and I. I CANNOT begin to TELL YOU (get my EMPHASIS here?) what an AMAZING time we had!

Meet Liz.....She married my daddy when I was 4 years old and my sister, Karah, was 2 years old. When Liz married my daddy, she not only committed herself to him, she wholly committed herself to us and accepted us as if we were her own. Liz and I are very close......never the "wicked step-mother" you often hear about. She loves to read and she loves her veggies. While she was down she taught me how to make Ratatouille. Liz also loves her job. She is a supervisor over the biology section at the Department of Environmental Protection.

(she doesn't like pictures :D)

Meet Rebekah....17 years old. The 3rd child.....she was born when I was in the second grade and I gave her the nickname "Bekah Roo", but I often called her Roo. She will be a senior in high school this year! I can hardly believe how time has flown. Roo is full of life and LOVES to be on her phone and with friends....in fact, she brought a friend down, Michelle. Oh- AND while they were here, I got them both addicted to GLEE! (Roo on LEFT, Michelle on RIGHT)




Meet Stephen....11 years old. The 4th child.....Stephen was born on my 14th birthday! AND we were both named after our daddy. (how's that for a fun fact?!?!) He LOVES to TALK and to be moving AT ALL TIMES! (he wouldn't tell you that) He would say that he likes to fish and play the Wii. Stephen has to be one of the pickiest eaters I know....meat, bread, and cucumbers. Yep, that's it! I bought 6 cucumbers on Thursday.....I have 1 left. He is at the age where he thinks his big sister is cool....you know I ate that up! :D Stephen is very much a gentleman....he is going to make an excellent boyfriend!


When they arrived on Thursday we just hung out and caught up. We had chicken casserole for dinner (not Stephen....he had leftover chicken and a cucumber). Afterward, we hit Lakeside Village for some Cold Stone ice cream.


Friday morning I made sausage biscuits for breakfast and then we packed up and headed to St. Pete beach. It was GORGEOUS! Roo and Michelle soaked up the rays while Stephen rode the waves in his blow up boat...oh, and he was a chick magnet....I have never seen girls his age throw game like those girls did! When we got home we grilled hamburgers and called it a night!


Saturday morning I got up for my weekly run with the Gallowayans. I knew that I would be back before anyone cracked and eyelid....and I was. Liz got up about 20 mins after I got home. Her and I chatted over coffee for 3 hours....we laughed, we cried, and we even cussed a little. :D Mike and Stephen hit the lake for some bass fishing and the girls hit the mall for some back to school shopping....MAN! I MISS THAT!!! I did get a few things....clearance items, of course! Saturday afternoon we grilled, and talked and laughed some more.


We said our goodbyes Sunday morning. Our time together was well spent. I LOVED every minute. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Looks like Stephen showed Michael up on the lake too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than spendin time with the fam!
    Gotta say...I had to laugh when I saw Mike's fish :o) Hope you have a great vacay!...PSS

    ReplyDelete