Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 5 & 6 ::: DESTIN, FL


I know, I know! You are ITCHING to know what we have been up to these past two days! Wednesday, Megan and I hit the beach pretty early. I rented an umbrella, as I was still a little pink from Mr. Sun! There was a storm a brewing in the Gulf, so the winds were high, the current was strong, and the waves were HUGE...AND it was BeAuTiFuL ALL day!


For dinner, Mike and I went to dinner to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary (early).....he even got me flowers! :) We had to put them in this pitcher because there wasn't a vase to be found! Hehe. While we were eating...well, all we could think about was where we were going to get dessert. We called Megan and Mike and told them we were picking them up, we had reservations at the Melting Pot for dessert ONLY! :D It was SO FRIGGIN' delicious! (I cannot BELIEVE I didn't take pictures) :(

Thursday....the weather man had his predictions all wrong. We mentally prepared ourselves to be inside all day due to the stormy conditions the tropical storm would bring....so, we slept in. Meg made and AMAZING breakfast and we headed out to do some shopping. We went to Old Time Pottery....never been there, but I would LOVE to go back! If you recall, we only could buy something if we could wear it home! Haha! When we got back to the penthouse (i giggle when I write that) we ate lunch and then dove into our books (Meg and I). ANNNNND.....it only rained approximately 10 minutes. But, it was nice to truly relax in the AC!


After our taco dinner, we relaxed in the hot tub for a while, cleaned up and went to AJ's (my most favorite place). They are located on the water.....live band...dancing....GOOD TIMES! And we had just that! A good time! We stayed out waaaaaay after bedtime!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a super cool, super fun vacation! I'm glad you had fun, Steph! ~heather

    ReplyDelete