Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 2 ::: DESTIN, FL

SO, SO, SO MUCH FUN!
We had AN AMAZING time on Sunday! Meg and I woke up super early.....so, we sat over coffee....she read her book, EAT PRAY LOVE and I blogged our first day. My sister, Karah, drove over from Pensacola for the day. It was SO, SO good to see her.
Meet kArAh: She is 24. We are a year an a half apart. Karah moved to Pensacola to be with the one who swept her off her feet about 2 years ago. His name is Ryan :) She is the secretary for the state attorney there. Karah also works part time at a prestigious salon, STYLE, as a receptionist. She is planning to attend cosmetology school in January. Karah & Ryan have one little boy, Brody (their dog)! Brody is a Yorkie. She recently vacationed in the Bahamas and brought me back the cutest purse!

When Karah arrived, we all hit the beach for the day! Other than a little bit of seaweed in the water, it was GORGEOUS! No oil here! We swam, we talked, we walked, and we threw bean bags! After beachin' it for 4 or so hours, we headed in to get cleaned up....the girls hit the outlets and the guys hit the couches! We didn't spend all their money... Meg & Karah found something at Old Navy and I got these cute sunglasses at the Gap!


We stayed in for dinner tonight and made spaghetti (well, actually, Mike Lewis, made the entire dinner)! It was yummy...always good talks around the dinner table! After dinner, we said our "see you laters" to Karah and she headed back to Pensacola....we tried to get her to stay the night, but she didn't want to sleep with Mike and I. :) hehe.


Meg, Mike, Mike, and I thought that it would be fun to go back to Baytowne to Rum Runners, a piano bar. When we first got there, it was the karaoke bar that was bumpin', so we bounced around in there for a bit. Meg and I sang to THE TOPS of our lungs....EVERY song! The one thing about a karaoke bar that's better than a piano bar is you have the lyrics to every song....however, it is QUITE amusing to tunefully make up your own words.... :) Megan & I decided that we sang to well to just be part of the crowd, so we put our ticket in to sing Deanna Carter's "Did I Shave My Legs For This". After our debut, we walked over to the piano bar....we were a small crowd, but a ROWDY one, none the less. I'm pretty sure we were the pianists faves! The only song we requested that didn't get played was "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night"....and Meg & I totally gave them hints ALL night by taking on and off our sunglasses!




How about this photo shoot?!?


1 comment: