Friday, August 13, 2010

hAnDs DoWn....


THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE...AUGUST 16th, 2008!


I can recall the day's events like it was yesterday! For breakfast I had a chocolate peanut butter protein bar and watermelon....for lunch I had McDonald's chicken nugget meal (say what you want, I STILL LOVE it!)....and for dinner I had a bottle of Riesling Relax and a bite of wedding cake.....oh, and the 2am snack with most of the groomsmen...wait fooor it....WAFFLE HOUSE! Of course, that isn't all I recall.....


I was just ECSTATIC to marry Mike...I TRULY was the HAPPIEST girl EVER!


It amazes me to look back on our journey and see just how much God has had His hand in our relationship. I LOVED when Dean Inserra, our officiant (Pastor at The Well), said in our ceremony that it was no coincidence that Mike decided to attend college in Tallahassee or that we both (by different people) were led to First Baptist Church of Tallahassee....it was no coincidence that when I graduated radiation therapy school the only job openings were in central Florida...where Mike was born and raised and where he had just accepted into the police academy.


Now, two years later....I feel the exact same. Now, don't get me wrong, LiFe has happened, but it has been through those times that Mike and I have grown closer together. It seems like the funks most often arise when we both are slipping spiritually. I LOVE the triangle illustration when dealing with relationships and God. Mike and I (or any two people or groups) being the 2 points at the bottom of the triangle and God being the point at the top.....as each of us grow closer to God, we ultimately grow closer together. So far, it hasn't failed.


Second to #1 in our life (baby Jesus), Mike and I have surrounded ourselves with amazing counsel from friends (namely, our incredible small group) and family! Without these people in our life......well, I don't want to think about that. :)

Happy two years to the incredible man that loves me through and through!

ps- I am STILL OBSESSED with my INCREDIBLE wedding photographer!
(obviously, I rotate her pics of us as my profile pic on fb...even 2 years later!)
...and how could I EVER forget my trash the dress session?!?


visit her at:
www.foreverbykylene.com


No comments:

Post a Comment