Saturday, January 29, 2011

last few months...revisited!

Oh my goodness, it has been so very long since I have blogged! Ok, so here is a recap of the last 3 months!


October....remember the owl baby shower I hosted for Jenny & Mike DeAngelis? Well, on October 30th, we welcomed 9 pounds and 5 ounces to the best small group EVER....Isaiah Joseph! He is so friggin cute....and growing up SO fast!




November...Happy 26 to me! Mike got me THE BEST birthday present EVER. I'm really concerned about the years to come because I can't imagine what could top this year! My all time favorite theme park is SeaWorld....and my all time favorite exhibit is the Penguin Encounter. I LOVE those little guys....their waddle, their wittiness, their loyalty to one another.....they are just a whole lot of fun to watch! So, back to my birthday....Mike got us backstage passes to the Penguin Encounter! It was SO much fun! It lasted about an hour. We actually got to step into their (quit chilly) world...and the best part was touching a REAL King Penguin. Not only are they more beautiful than I ever imagined up close, they are so very soft.


I continued my birthday celebration with a visit from Momma & Karah. Along with shopping, cooking, and hanging out....a good friend of mine from work, Erin, got us all in to all of the Disney parks for a day. Of course, we had a blast! We ended the night at Rainforrest Cafe!




At the end of November, I completed my first half marathon! I crossed the finish line hand-in-hand with 3 girls that played a major part in my accomplishment....Megan, Rhonda, & Holly. On the sidelines cheering us on was my mother-in-law, Cathy, and 2 good friends, Bonnie & Breanna. All 13.1 miles were SO MUCH FUN! I would TOTALLY do it again! The half marathon was held in St. Pete. We ran along the water, on the pier, and inside Tropicana Field! We stopped along the way to take pictures...and some stopped to take them for us! I was so grateful to Holly & Erin for the inspiration and to Megan & Rhonda being such dedicated running buddies. We trained together, stopped together, laughed together, and crossed the finish line together.....








December....Christmas season is my absolute FAVORITE! We, again, were very blessed this Christmas season! Mike & I both are so grateful for the family and friends that support and love us through thick and thin! One of my favorite gifts, tho there were many....is my new Cannon EOS camera! Gram also threw in the bag and a 50 mm lens! I am excited to learn more about how to use it! Here are a few things I have captured.....



January....new things (not necessarily by choice)! I was washing a load of clothes just before new years and the washer was making a noise similar to what it what sound like if you were to wash a load of kitchen knives. Well, I continued housework in denial that anything could possibly be wrong with the piece of crap set that we bought off craig's list. I heard the spin cycle click in and then it filled itself with water again, so I really thought nothing of it after that. Later, when I went to put the clothes into the dryer, I opened the lid only to find the clothes still sitting in a full water bath. Hmmm. So, I tried to click the different cycles to make it spin....I got nothing, not even a click...just the smell of wires burning. Awesome. So, my WONDERFUL husband cupped the water out and off we went to find a new set. Now, the dryer worked....you had to put a load of clothes on two 90 min cycles for them to dry completely, but it worked. But, I am a little funny about things matching, soooo we just got a new set. :0) Last week, Mike's xbox got the "red ring of death"..... so, we got a new one of those too! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY LOVE!! :D

Welp, there ya go.... :0) I won't be a stranger long .... more to share in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment