Sunday, August 1, 2010

...RuBbEr DuCkY yOu'Re tHe OnE!

Bryan & Jennifer Stiverson are our small group leaders. They have been married for 5 years and have a (sweet) (adorable) little girl, Ellie, who is 2 years old. Bryan is our worship pastor at TBA Church and Jennifer is a teacher.
They are expecting their second little blessing any day now!
His will be named Jason Paul Stiverson after
a best friend of Bryan and Jennifer.


I had the honor and privilege of planning and hosting Jenn's shower for Jason. This was the first shower I had ever thrown and I was ecstatic! Jen's friendship has meant so much to me over the past two years and I could hardly wait to give her a little of what she had given so much of to me.

I was very fortunate to have lots of help from a few close friends of mine (Megan, Erin, Renee, & Jenny) and from Jenn's sisters (Jill & Jaclyn). They helped with everything from decor to food to keeping me grounded. :)

I searched high and low, in stores in town and online for invitations and I just didn't find ANYTHING to suit my fancy. So, I made them myself.


These (amazing) magic water gel beads were ordered for the bulk of the decor. They come packaged in a cute 2x4 inch envelope. You empty the packet into the bowl, add the proper amount of water and after a few hours they turn into these cool, gelly, bouncy, kinda slimy, but beautiful beads! I put them in everything clear, threw a rubber ducky in and VOILA!




To be fun and different, I decided not to have a sheet cake.....cupcakes instead! Friday night before the shower, Megan and Renee came over for cupcake baking and decorating! They turned out SO CUTE! The ducky cupcake picks and pearl sprinkle beads both came from a cake shop on ebay. And, of course, I used the famous cupcake tree to display!



For food, Jenn's sisters put together a cheese tray, chicken salad with rolls, and egg and spinach quiches. Megan brought the veggies and Jenny made a delicious spinach dip. Renee and Megan were ballers Friday night....they made a cute bowl of balled watermelon!



The punch was a hit! It was BLUE and it was DUCKY! It consisted of blue kool-aid, pina colada mix, sprite, and (of course) sugar.....I floated frozen pineapple in it to keep it cool.


On Thursday night, Erin (a close friend from work) and Megan
joined me for a fantastic favor party!
We baked cookies, made the icing, and started decorating!
We completes the cookies with a white "J".
We attached a note to each favor that read.....
"Rubber Ducky you're the one! You made Jen's shower so much fun!"




To display the favors, I bought a cute little tub and painted
Jason's initials on it....I also found a BIG tub for the drinks!


All in all, it was a BEAUTIFUL shower! There were 21 in attendance. Jen's friends and family celebrated and showered her with their love, time, and gifts.

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Everything looked so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'll add two ideas. I also did a Rubber Duck Baby Shower. We bought a blow up Rubber Duck tub at Target and filled it with ice and drinks. It was a big hit and the mom to be loved the blow up tub for when her baby was too big for the sink and too small for the tub... We also got totally out of control and played duck music and bath themed music. You'd be surprised how many songs are out there ! Guests had so much fun with the music. It brought out the kid in everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I'm going to have a duckie-themed baby shower in January so I'm getting some ideas! Where on earth did you find those gel beads?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Can I ask where you got the magic beads? Thanks!
    kanikkee@aol.com

    ReplyDelete